I'M SERIOUS MR!!!
THESE FOR THE EYES OF FRIENDS, FELLOW BLOGGER, AND READERS ONLY!!! YOU MAY ONLY READ THIS AFTER OUR WEDDING....GOT IT?
OK, MAYBE I'M GOING A LITTLE OVERBOARD HERE...BUT I'M SERIOUS MR SCOTT! :)
Well, my first hair trial did go well (YAY!) but...it wasn't perfect. Let me walk you through this.
I went to Santa Monica to a salon called Forme Salon. They had some of the best prices on the west side for day of bridal hair...and really that is what was important to me. Anyway, I brought in some pictures. Let me be clear...I LOVED the back of my hair! But there are things I would
change. First...Pictures....Here I am san makeup and looking pretty gross and slightly cross-eyed all at the same time...it's a talent to look this good. Anyways, part one that I didn't like about my hair was the front. It just too boring and simple. It looks the exact same as what I look like when I go to work with a low bun. So...yes, we need to fix the front.
Secondly, I asked for a lot of body on the top of my head...in case you can't tell, I'll tell you it's not there. She had finished five minutes before and was already starting to sink...not good. So I may have her add an extension underneath the top of my hair to give it more lift. Then the real problems started...After an hour, part of the back started to fall out...and then, I noticed how incredibly frizzy and gross the top of my head looked from all the teasing of it to achieve the body I wanted to badly...(see below)
I never showed a picture of the back, so here it is. Gorgeous right? All the curl that is pinned up is actually natural!I went home and added my silk Gardenia to my hair...I love Gardenias. It looked pretty good. I couldn't add the veil because I was too nervous about Mr. Scott coming around. So at the end of the day I made a few decisions. It's OK that my hair started to fall out after only a half hour because 1) She didn't use that much hairspray and 2) the rest of it held up the entire rest of the day...including a ride in Mr. Scott's dad's hot rod at 85 MPH without a top on the car....can you say impressive? The things I have decided to do different are the following:
1) I will go in with my hair curly and not straight. I loved that my stylist didn't touch a curling iron to my head. I also have noticed that I have more body when I don't dry it straight. Further, I think having it curly in the front will help me not look so "everyday".
2) I will ask her to add some fake ...umph...to the top of my head to add some extra body.
3) I want the bun a little higher. It sat too far down and was literally sitting on my neck. I want a low bun, but it actually got hot to have all that hair there. I don't want it in the center of my head, but maybe a little higher
4) She needs to use a bit more hairspray without allowing the crunch factor...if that is possible.
5) My silk flower...I'm in love.