Monday, September 1, 2008

Falling off the face of the planet

Well, I was told that once you get married, you fall off the face of the planet for a month. SO TRUE IT IS! Mr. Scott and I celebrated our one month anniversary a few days ago and have been living in wedded bliss ever since July 26th!

Here is a brief run down of what we have been up to:

1) We went to Jamaica and made it before they evacuated the tourists due to
Hurricane Gustav! We also managed to avoid the Chino Hills earthquake down in LA while in Jamaica but for some reason got LA news on our TV in Jamaica and got to watch all the details.

2) We arrived home and moved in...sort of. We moved in but are still in the process of unpacking. We are hoping to have a housewarming / get together soon, but man is it time consuming and exhausting! I am hoping we don't have to move again for awhile.

3) I had orientation for law school and am about to start week three. Its not as horrible as I had imagined, but it is definitely keeping me busy. Mr. Scott has already been amazing and I am so grateful for him daily. It is my goal for him to know how much I love him and how grateful I am for his amazing selflessness and his incredible patience with me and school.

4) We saw one of Mr. Scott's groomsmen get married and experienced our very first wedding..post our wedding. Talk about a great experience!

5) We had out At Home Reception up north for my friends and family that weren't able to make it to the wedding. It was so laid back and fun and we really had a great time. My mother put in so much work and the credit really deserves to go to her.

6) Mr. Scott decided to start job hunting and is now in the market for a new employer, hopefully dealing with commercial real estate.

7) One of my very best friends Mrs. E and her husband moved back up north. It truly makes us sad to lose such good friends who lived so close.

8) We set the date for our Trash the Dress / Day After shoot with our
photag. I adore him and am so excited to see all he has in store...more on this later.

9) We are truly disgustingly happy...Mr. Scott and I. :)

10) Finally, I have been so bad about posting over the last month. Its awful really. So if I still have some readers, bare with me while I work on getting back in the groove and updating life. I realized that this was such a great stress relief for me during the wedding planning and yet, I still need that release. So I will be trying to do some recaps on the wedding over the next few weeks. AND, if you're lucky, maybe you will even get some highlights from the above list. For now, I will simply leave you with one of my favorite things about being married:

I love that I never have to say goodbye at night. I love that Mr. Scott gets to stay! :)

No comments: