Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I am so Lucky (especially for being Irish!)

I just returned from the most wonder bachelorette party a girl could ask for! My girlfriends are amazing and I am so fortunate to be surrounded by such love, friendship, and support. I’ll post a few shots and details soon, but in the meantime, let me just say how honored and loved I felt. The whole weekend was perfect and I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect time with the ladies.

Moving on, lately it’s been hitting me how soon I will be a Mrs. It’s actually pretty crazy to think about all the changes that are coming and how far we have come. People have often told us to “enjoy” our engagement time. Mr. Scott and I are getting married so quickly after our engagement that it’s honestly been a little hard to enjoy it because there is just so much to do. We have really tried to enjoy it though and I am so proud of us both for taking time for each other and to maintain the proper perspective throughout this whole process.

In a little over 30 days, I will marry my best friend and truly the love of my life. I cannot imagine being without him and the love he gives me. I feel so blessed by God both to have received this gift, and to have been able to focus on the commitment we are making to each other before God during this time in our relationship. We still have so much left to do and plan…LIKE A LOT! but we just have so much to be grateful for. Often, as I read all of these wedding blogs, I hear about these awful tragedies….floods or the power going our during the wedding, or a photographer just not showing up. We have yet to run into a single problem and it just fills me with gratitude to God for his faithfulness and provisions. OK OK, enough with the sappy emotion and on with the inspiration, DIY, and planning…I'll be back later.

No comments: